Tyres are among the most underrated parts of a car because they look dull and are quite cheap compared to other car parts. This is very evident with the different affordable tyre and wheel packages offered in the Australian market by retailers and manufacturers. However, some players in the automotive industry take tyre-making and manufacturing to the next level, producing some of the most expensive and sophisticated tyres. If you want to get detailed information about expensive tyres for your cars, visit this website https://firstreporter.org/ for further details.
Sure, there are basic and common tyres that would not put a hole in your pocket, but there are specially made and rare ones that would cost you thousands of dollars. For you to have an idea of how expensive some tyres could go, below is a list of vehicles with the most expensive tyres ever sold in the market.
- LeTourneau L-2350 – Dubbed as the world’s largest rubber-tired front-end wheel loader in the world, the LeTourneau’s 2300 hp L-2350 requires heavy and durable tyres. Tyres for this specialized wheel loader are no joke as each pneumatic tyre weighs around 6.9 tonnes, and is 1.8m wide, which is covered by heavy-duty chains. The price for each tyre is at approximately $63,000, making it the most expensive tyre in the world today.
- Caterpillar 797 dump truck – This dump truck is a skyscraper, registering 13 feet of height with weight of at least 11,680 lbs. Tall and gigantic trucks like this one require the power and durability of large tyres. The Caterpillar 797 is equipped with the largest tyres in the world, the Michelin 59.80R63. Six of these tyres can hold up to 1,375,000 lbs of truck and load, and would require 47 nuts to be attached to the truck’s axle. These tyres are not only the largest but also among the most expensive ones in the world. Each tyre would cost you $42,500. You can also visit this website https://blogcabinca.org/ to get more information about auto spare parts.
- Bugatti Veyron – This mean machine was named the ‘Car of the Decade’ by television programme Top Gear. Its Super Sport version is the fastest street-legal car in the world. This elegant sports vehicle is not only beauty to the eyes but also technical in some respects. A Bugatti Veyron is equipped with top-of-the-line Michelin Pilot Sport PAX 245/690 R520 (front) and 365/710 R540 (rear) tyres. Since these tyres were designed to handle the worst beating resulting from incredibly fast acceleration and high-speed driving, they could cost you a fortune. Each tyre is sold at around $10,000.
- NASA’s Space Shuttle – The space shuttle of the United State’s National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) are equipped with some of the most incredible, durable, and expensive tyre sets in the world. The main landing gear tyres of the space shuttle can only handle one landing, while its smaller nose tyres can handle two. The big tyres of the space shuttle are pumped on nitrogen up to 340psi, and can handle 56 tonnes of load and 420 km/h or speed. Each of these tyres can cost around $5,500.
- Monster trucks – Gigantic and powerful, these are the common descriptions used for monster trucks. Among the striking features of any monster truck are its huge and massive tyres. These tyres are not only big to the eyes but to also to the budget. Tyres made by Goodyear and Firestone can cost about $2,500 each.
If you don’t own any of the said vehicles, you are lucky as you don’t have to worry about buying a very expensive set of tyres. As an Australian vehicle owner, you can easily purchase affordable tyre and wheel packages. You don’t have to spend so much on tyres because you can turn to packages offered by many retailers in the country. Furthermore, you can read our articles on this website https://chronicules.com/ to know more about auto repair and maintenance. Do not forget to check that out!